10 Awesome things to do in Ubud
Hello dear readers, it’s sure time for 10 awesome things to do in Ubud. This piece of tropical Bali heaven will give you holy ground. No really, holy ground. Having visited a few cool places in Bali, nothing compares to the true gem that is Ubud. Here is why…
HOW WE SEE BALI
- Tegalalang rice fields has to be your main priority! Unfortunately we were blessed with heavy rain whilst scootering our way to this beaut. The fields were covered in mud and no rice in sight but that only meant that we got to experience it in our own way with a random hidden path. Of course we would take it, it led us to an abandoned shack for some well deserved shelter. Eventually we saw tourists and made our way back to a well traveled path but boy did we work for it! Who said NO ENTER signs actually means don’t enter? Let’s just say pink has never been so, uhm… non-pink.
2. Janatta Resort & Spa was my dream coming true. They have everything a photographer, instagrammer and a couple desires. We spend our 4 year anniversary soaking up the sounds of rain whilst relaxing in a flower bath. Afterwords we envisioned ourselves to be Ally and Noah in the Notebook and dipped into the infinity pool overlooking the stunning mountains covered in mist. Romantic much?
3. River cafe at Maya, is the ultimate chill out space for nature lovers. I am a believer in infinity pools, you know that by now I’m sure. You will arrive at Maya resort and walk through the stunning grounds to get to River Cafe. A true explores paradise.
4. Sari organic walking path. This is a true experience, we scooted through towards Sari Organic restaurant that was recommended by a friend and man it didn’t disappoint. The problem was, it took us forever to get there as the route is so scenic. We basically stopped everywhere we saw prettiness!
5. Tirta Gangga, aka the most enchanting piece of heaven you will come across. How do you get there you may ask? Our trusty driver, Chandra ( with oh so much personality and amazing english drove us around. Click here for this details.
6. Lempuyang temple doesn’t even need any explanation. Be still. BE IN THE MOMENT AND TAKE IT IN.
7.Pura Ulun Danu Bratan temple. This was the best day! Hiring a little boat with my man and bestie from Australia. The most incredible feeling paddling towards such a sight, ha! Who am I kidding? I ain’t paddling, I’m the photographer!
8. Danau Buyan Selfie Park. Get your Bali swing feels overlooking the stunning Danau Buyan lake. There is a stretch of a view locations to choose from, just drive through and find your favourite spot. There is a small fee but nothing as much as the Iconic/super overrated Bali Swing.
9. Ubud float garden cafe. Seriously the most romantic, chill hangout in the middle of the rice paddies. The hospitality is beautiful and you can’t go wrong with passionfruit juice and some local cuisine…. Don’t forget the dessert!
10. Clear cafe, Ubud. The best tuna and wasabi mash I have ever had in my entire life! Right on the high street close to the monkey forest it’s a tourist dream. Definitely worth a couple of visits!
Visiting Canggu? See my latest post here.